My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://laughinglindsay.com
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Damas, Dramas, and Ana Ruiz Review

Damas, Dramas, and Ana Ruiz Book


By: Belinda Acosta

Ana Ruiz is separated from her husband Esteban. Her daughter, Carmen doesn't understand why and is miserable because of it. Carmen has gone from a nice girl to a mean one. In an attempt to re-connect with her daughter, Ana wants to have a quinceañera for Carmen after seeing an ad for a quinceañera fair. Meanwhile, Ana hides the reason why she and her husband are separated from her children. Ana also becomes attracted to Montalvo, a visiting artist.

I found myself relating to Ana and Carmen. I see why Carmen is upset, it appears as though her mom just kicked Esteban out of the house one day. Carmen is a daddy's girl, as am I. However, Carmen has to grow-up and realize that her dad isn't perfect (but he does love her). I also can understand why Ana wouldn't want to just give up on her marriage and how she doesn't want to hurt her children by telling them why she and her husband are separated. Like Ana, I wanted her to be with Montalvo.

I also enjoyed the mix of Spanish and English because I've some Spanish classes. I was also already interested in quinceañeras because of those classes and tv. It does a great job of showing just how much work goes into one. I would love to attend one!

Overall, a very nice read! It’s a relatively quick, easy read. I enjoyed it! More information can be found here!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails