Monday, May 10, 2010
I'm sure you've heard of Select Comfort because of their Sleep Number Beds. However, did you know they make a hypoallergenic blanket? I didn't know until I got the chance to review one.
We all know that allergies can keep us sniffling and sneezing all day long, but what you may not know is that your seasonal allergies may be wreaking havoc on your body at night. In fact, 75 percent of people with allergies report sleep disturbances because of the sheer discomfort, making it difficult to experience continuous deep sleep. And research shows that your bedroom may be one of the dirtiest rooms in your home!
If you’ve woken up with congestion, watery and itchy eyes, or simply want to reduce the effects of allergens, consider the below tips to help rid your bedroom of allergens:
1. Clean your bedroom weekly. This includes floors, furniture, tops of doors, window frames/sills, etc. with a damp cloth. In addition, vacuum carpet and upholstery regularly.
2. Vacuum bed upholstery. Better yet, a bed like the Sleep Number® bed allows you to actually open and vacuum the inside of your bed too.
3. Wash curtains often and bedding weekly at 130+ degrees to kill dust mites.
4. Take advantage of innovations in bedding, like the Sleep Number® True Silver™ bedding collection, which provides superior allergen-reducing protection against dustmites.
5. Keep room at humidity below 50 percent to reduce dust mite population and mold growth.
6. Undress in another room to avoid bringing outside allergens into the bedroom.
7. Use allergen barrier covers for your mattress and pillows.
8. Keep pets out of the bedroom.
9. Regularly launder stuffed animals.
10. Use a high-quality HEPA air filter in the bedroom.
A recent survey from Select Comfort shows that while we spend more time in our bedroom than any other room, it’s the place we spend one of the least amount of time cleaning. This allergy season, try to keep a clean bedroom - it’s great step towards combating those seasonal allergies. Select Comfort’s True Silver line, which uses the latest innovation and offers anti-microbial, anti-odor and anti-static benefits for allergy suffers. And Silver fibers help you maintain a comfortable sleeping temperature and are a safe, high-level protection from bacteria, fungi and odor.
I received a True Silver Blanket to review. I must say, I'm very impressed with the blanket. It is very soft and light-weight. It is a great blanket for this time of the year when the weather can not decide which season it wants to be. It kept me very warm last night! However, it did not make me hot on previous nights when it was warmer and we had the air on. It is a very high quality blanket.
I also like the selection of colors. I didn't get the white because I was afraid I would get it dirty. I picked the caramel blanket because it matches any type of bed sheets. I also like that the blankets are machine wash warm because we don't have time to do any dry-cleaning or special washing.
Here is a picture of my bed with the blanket at home!
Doesn't that look nice and comfy? I really like it. My mom felt it and said that it kept you warm even though it felt like nothing. I think she was commenting on the fact that the blanket is so light-weight but it helps regulate your temperature. It's a great blanket!
WIN! THIS GIVEAWAY HAS CLOSED!
Select Comfort is generously offering one lucky reader a True Silver Blanket of their own!
To enter: Go to Select Comfort and tell me about another product that catches your eye (besides the bed and blanket). Also, please leave your name for this giveaway. :)
ATTENTION! The name and email addresses of all who enter will be given to Select Comfort, so they can add them to their sales/deals/sleep tips email list.
They would never sell your information; they just like to stay in contact with those individuals who are interested in their products.
(Make sure your email address is in the comment or is easily accessible via your blog profile or blog itself. I need to be able to contact you!)
This entry is mandatory, if you do not do #1, you cannot do the "extra" entries.
Comments like "enter me" will not be eligible!
For each extra entry please post an additional comment!
1. Follow @SleepNumberDeal on twitter (come back and tell me).
2. Follow me on Twitter (let me know in a comment).
3. Tweet about the contest (post link in comment).
4. Blog about the contest (post link in comment).
5. Follow my blog and tell me (or tell me if you already are).
6. Subscribe to my blog’s feed and tell me (or tell me if you already do).
7. Add my blog button to your blog (leave blog link).
8. Enter another one of my contests (Come back and tell me which one. You can get only one extra entry, no matter how many different giveaways you enter.)
9. Become a Sleep Number Facebook fan and comment on their wall or in a discussion saying you are there from my giveaway.
Giveaway ends on May 30 at 11:59 pm EST.
The winner will be chosen via random number generator the next day and notified by email. If I don't hear back from the winner within 48 hours of sending the winning email, I'll pick another.
*Open to US residents only
Disclaimer: I received a blanket for free for this review. No other compensation was received. The opinions expressed are my own.