My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://laughinglindsay.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Life DVD Set Review

 

Life DVD Set

I recently received the Life DVD Set to review.  Life comes out on DVD today (June 1, 2010)!  Life was filmed over 3000 days and shows all sorts of animals and plants from all parts of Earth!  It is from the producers of Planet Earth and The Blue Planet:  Seas of Life and is from the BBC and the Discovery Channel!  It is also narrated by Oprah!  Life Video Clip

Life shows tender moments like in this picture with mother and child.  It also shows intense moments between a hunter and its prey.  I do not consider myself to be an animal person.  I selected to review this dvd set because it look interesting and sort of geeky.  Well, I was not disappointed.  This series is beautifully shot!  I wonder how they got some of the wonderful shots!  Some of the scenes are breath-taking and beautiful.  Some are simple and cute, like the one in this adorable video clip!

It’s no wonder that this series had a budget of $22 million!  Every scene is clear and wonderful.  It looks good on even older televisions (I watched it on multiple tv’s because there is 484 minutes on 4 dvds).  Each episode is less than an hour long, but it packs so much into that time.

My favorite episodes includes the first one, Challenges of Life, the third, Mammals, and the last one, Primates.  I really enjoyed seeing the relationshipsLife Frog on Leaf (or lack thereof) between the various animals.  I really can’t say enough good things about the quality of this series.  It should be a science teacher’s dream come true.  I could definitely see a teacher using this in the classroom!  It almost makes me like animals!   Although, I did not care for the hunting/stalking of the prey.  Those scenes are a bit graphic, I think.  They aren’t something I would show a young classroom, but maybe to a high school class.  Even so, I know it’s part of the wildlife and I’m just glad I’m not a wild animal!

Check it out and buy Life now.

Disclaimer:  I received a copy of the LIFE DVD set for free for this review.  No other compensation was received.  The opinions expressed are my own.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails