My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://laughinglindsay.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Sex Scandal America

Sex Scandal America Book

I recently received a book to review titled, "Sex Scandal America." Seeing as how I love history I was excited to read this book and to get an understanding of how sex and scandals have changed (or not) over the course of America's history. I found this book to be very interesting. I had no idea that there were so many scandals in America, muchless so early! I have always heard that my generation is so bad and that there is too much sex. However, I believe whomever says this needs to read this book!

For the most part, we Americans haven't changed much as far as having sex and scandals. What has changed is the way we treat scandals and those involved. In the past people were embarrassed when they were caught in a scandal and didn't usually talk about. However, now, scandals are used for entertainment for the public. I would suggest this book to anyone interested in history or politics.

I don't want to giveaway too much juicy info from the book so, I'll leave you with this quote on the book:

"Did you know President Warren Harding had a bastard child and his wife was rumored to have poisoned him while he was still in the White House? Some political sex scandals of the past make today’s scandals look tame. David Rosen’s new book Sex Scandal America: Politics and the Ritual of Public Shaming not only chronicles these scandals but puts them in the context of political history. The book also discusses pre-revolutionary scandals, including Pocahontas, Thomas Jefferson’s sex scandal involving a slave who was also his wife’s half sister, the scandals of JFK, Bill Clinton, and other major politicians. There are also predictions that more states will adopt same sex unions, that the military will get rid of its Don’t Ask/Don’t Tell policy, and that abstinence only sex education will be replaced with safe sex education."

It can be purchased on Amazon.

Disclaimer: I received this book for review.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails