My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://laughinglindsay.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Proactiv Review

Proactiv

I'm sure everyone has seen those commercials on tv for Proactiv and wondered if it actually worked. If you haven't seen the commercials I'm talking about, here's a little bit about Proactiv®!

"Proactiv® Solution, the world's best selling acne system, is a leader in acne prevention and treatment formulated to offer consumers the opportunity for a lifetime of smooth, clear, healthy-looking skin. Now with new micro-crystal benzoyl peroxide, Proactiv utilizes Combination Therapy® to directly target the root causes of acne – bacteria, oil production, and dead skin cell build up – and heal and soothe acne prone skin. Proactiv clears existing blemishes, soothes inflammation and redness, and helps to prevent new breakouts from occurring. Proactiv Solution has a complete line of products, beyond the 3-Step System, including moisturizers, sunscreens, spot treatments and body washes formulated specifically for acne prone skin.


Proactiv, developed by Drs. Rodan and Fields, celebrates its 15-year anniversary in June 2010. It has been used successfully by millions of women, men and teens around the world. The iconic 3-Step System, along with other products in Proactiv's extensive skin care line, have been recognized with 27 coveted awards and honors from the beauty and health industry."

I'm happy to say that thru the Product Review Place, I got a chance to receive some Proactiv to review! I've been using Proactiv for a little over 2 weeks now and am overall pretty pleased with the results. I must admit I've never really had a huge problem with acne. I tend to stay broke out on my nose and get zits on my chin, but that's about it. However, those two places seem to stay broke out no matter what I use.

My first reaction to Proactiv is that it smells weird. It's entirely possible it's just me. However, I wasn't completely attracted to the products based on scent alone. After using the products I can honestly say that Proactiv does help with acne. I can't say that it's an overnight miracle, but then again, what is?

The Renewing Cleanser was the first product that I used and it was the one that smelled a little funny to me. However, it seemed to work well.

I was surprised that the Revitalizing Toner didn't sting when I put it on because I have used some toners in the past that did. However, this doesn't sting at all! I was very pleased about that!

The Repairing Treatment was a light, airy lotion that wasn't sticky/glossy.

My favorite Proactiv product was the Green Tea Moisturizer! I loved it! This is the best smelling product from Proactiv and it goes on really nicely. Plus, since it's been so cold and windy/snowy/rainy here lately, my facial skin has really needed something extra. My face did get a little dry while using the system, but the moisturizer really helped.

Overall, Proactiv is a really nice product for those of us with acne. It did manage to clear up my nose! Yay!

Product Review Place

Disclaimer: I received free samples for this review. No other compensation was received. The opinions expressed are my own.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails