My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://laughinglindsay.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, September 14, 2009

America's Most Wanted Recipes Taste Test

America's Most Wanted Recipes Book

America's Most Wanted Recipes: Delicious Recipes From Your Family's Favorite Restaurants


By: Ron Douglas


Wouldn't it be nice if you could treat yourself to dishes from your favorite restaurants anytime? In America's Most Wanted Recipes, Ron Douglas reveals copycat versions of carefully guarded secret restaurant recipes and shows the reader how to make them at home. This saves us time and money.

This past weekend I made the Applebee's Crispy Orange Chicken Skillet recipe with my boyfriend. I must admit gathering the ingredients was a bit of an adventure. We went to our local Wal-mart but couldn't find any hoisin sauce! Then, we looked up a recipe on my phone for it. However, that required a long list of ingredients. To make a long story short, we had to go to Food Lion to get the sauce and return some ingredients to Wal-mart.



The hardest part of actually making the chicken was frying the chicken! We actually smoked up the house trying to fry it! However, it was well worth it! This orange chicken was wonderful! My boyfriend's mother said that it was even BETTER than Applebee's version! My boyfriend's father asked if there was more. I believe we'll be trying more recipes in the future!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails