My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://laughinglindsay.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Cake Crytals Review

Cake Crystals
I was recently sent some yummy Cake crystals to review. Here is a little bit about cake crystals. "Our jewels are fully faceted top and bottom to give a realistic and beautifully shiny decoration. Don't be confused with other companies attempting to make a three dimensional jewel shape but really making a tear drop sugar and calling it a diamond. Ours are a true and realistic jewel shape top and bottom. Each jewel is approximately 1.3cm across in width and catch and play with the light you will not believe that they are fully edible."

I was sent a mixed bag of jewels. Upon receiving them I immediately decided I wanted to try them on a cupcake (because I love them)! Here is a picture of a chocolate cupcake with buttercream frosting and some cake crystals!

Decorated Cupcakes

Granted, it's not very elaborate or pretty. However, it sure was tasty! As you can see, I put 3 crystals on my cupcake. After trying it, I've decided that 1 crystal per cupcake would have been plenty, since the jewels last so long. I ended up spending more time eating the crystals than the cupcake! These things are a lot like yummy candy that look almost too good to eat. They really do look like little jewels!

The jewels are actually individually fruit-flavored! The clear diamond tastes like orange, the blue tastes like a blue-raspberry, the pink is like strawberry, the yellow is lemon, and the green is green apple! Doesn't that sound amazing? I'm not a fan of lemon or orange. However, my boyfriend is and he really liked them. I really enjoyed the strawberry and blue-raspberry. We ended up eating some of them like they were candy, no cake or anything with it! These are truly a unique experience!

The next time you want to try something different on your cakes, check out Cake crystals! They add color and flavor to anything! They are also very pretty!

Disclaimer: I received a sample of cake crystals for free for this review. No other compensation was received. The opinions expressed are my own.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails