My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://laughinglindsay.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Dear John Review

Dear John Book

I recently had the pleasure of getting Dear John by Nicholas Sparks in audiobook edition to review! It is read by actor and voiceover artist Holter Graham. I was really excited to review this, even in audio book format. I wasn't sure what to expect from an audio book edition. I was afraid that it would be boring to have to listen to it on cd, but it wasn't. Holter Graham has that slow southern voice that some may find to be too slow or boring. However, I think it made the story that much better. I think his voice fit well with the story and the character.

The story didn't turn out like I thought it would. While this story is sure to leave any Nicholas Sparks fan happy, I wasn't prepared for the ending. I was so sure that something would happen to John and that Savannah would be left alone. However, I was very wrong. In the end, someone is alone and sad. As a reader I'm left wanting more. I can't believe that Savannah would do what she did to John.

I don't want to giveaway the ending, just in case you want to read it or watch it. Let me assure you though it's still a tear-jerker! As a college student getting an endorsement in special education, I do appreciate the fact that Savannah is majoring in it. I also love that the story brings more attention to Autism and Asperger's. I must say I was impressed with Nicholas's skill in weaving that into the story.

Dear John is a soon-to-be-released major motion picture from Sony Pictures starring Channing Tatum ("G.I. Joe") and Amanda Seyfried ("Mamma Mia"). It comes to theaters on February 5! Check out the Dear John the movie website to see a trailer!

Disclaimer: I received Dear John in audio book edition for free for this review. No other compensation was received. The opinions expressed are my own.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails